Customized Recovery Program
The Customized Recovery Program is a blend of proven, evidence-based models to work with those struggling with addiction. It incorporates our values and vision as well as some of the harm reduction principles of focusing on positive change and on working with people without judgement, coercion, discrimination, or requiring that they stop using drugs as a precondition of support.
Our program accepts people who are currently using substances and is committed to meeting them “where they are” in their lives without judgement. This is also extended to their families and their community. We work with them to remove barriers and recognize that many people throughout our communities are unable or unwilling to stop using illicit drugs because of these barriers. Our program strives to:
- Keep people safe and encourage positive change in their lives. Protecting a client’s health is the most urgent priority. We reinforce positive change in a person’s life, no matter how small or incremental that change may be.
- Understand and target areas of risk to people who use substances, understand the roots of identified risks, and tailor interventions to reduce them.
- Reflect the idea that every person presents with their own needs and strengths as well as with a spectrum of health behaviors and receptivity for intervention. To identify the most helpful approaches for an individual, each client’s needs and strengths are assessed, and no assumptions are made based on their histories of harmful health behaviors.
- Respect autonomy. We understand that clients in the program ultimately have the right to make their own choices about medications, treatment, and health behaviors to the best of their abilities, beliefs, resources, and priorities.
- Maintain transparency with clients in decisions about interventions as well as their successes and limitations.
Like all of our trauma-informed programming at River Ridge, the Customized Recovery Program will involve a team of professionals including Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Mental Health Therapists, Psychiatry and Peer Support Specialists all coordinating the care of our clients.
For more information about the Customized Recovery Program, please call 952-894-7722 or visit www.RiverRidgeMN.com.